Miles: 20.8
Total Miles: 60.3
I hit a pretty good stride today. I got a late jump after waking up in a comfy hotel bed followed by a continental breakfast. I resupplied with goods that Mama had brought then we headed back over to Neels Gap where I had left off on the trail. I said goodbye to my parents and began a pretty gross trek at about 11:30.
The few times the trail wasn't complete slush it became jagged rocks that were nearly impossible to traverse quickly. Plus, visibility was at about 100 feet until 6 PM when the clouds lifted for an hour. But I still managed to get in my 20 miles in just about 8 hours flat. I passed the shelter where I'd originally planned on staying but after seeing that it was more than full I decided to keep walking. It's amazing how empty the trail gets after 4:30. I guess not everyone is working on a deadline like I am so they have time to call it a day earlier but as far as I'm concerned every mile I can squeeze in is important. So now I'm just passed the gap to get to Helen, halfway up Rocky Mountain. I pitched at a vacant campsite on the hillside near a creek.
No comments:
Post a Comment