March 15, 2011

Pre-Hike 3

I'm really close to leaving.
I still have a lot of gear to get prior to doing so. I got boots today. They'll probably be overkill for the mid-summer and I bet I'll end up switching to something lighter. I read the blog of a guy who did the whole AT in Chacos.. sounds cold. For the time being, I like my boots. They make me 6'. I'm all for anything that makes me 6'.

I haven't decided if I'll use a tent or not. Combinations of tarp tents and hammocks are pretty popular but I don't know how I'd feel in something makeshift and the alternative is expensive. Isaac lent me his tent but it's a two-man and weighs a little over 5 pounds. I'm sure I won't end up taking it. The thing is way too heavy and doesn't really do that much for me aside from provide extra room that I won't need.

I don't think I really have grasped just how much peanut butter I'm going to be eating over the next couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment