Miles: 20.0
Total Miles: 97.4
Today was as dismal as they come. The clouds never lifted once. The weather was rainy and disgusting. I saw five or six dogs today, all carrying their packs with their own food I assume. One man watched as his lab ran up to greet me, then ran back to him, then ran over to me again as the man just gasped, "Incredible, f**king incredible. We hike 15 miles a day and he still has energy to run over to everyone he sees."
The difference between mountains in Georgia and North Carolina is staggering. After entering the state I immediately had 1000' to climb over not a very long distance. I'm trying to make it Franklin by tomorrow night so I squeezed in some extra miles over the highest mountain I've yet to face (5500') in threatening skies and fading sunlight. So I pitched at a really nice but vacant (probably because of its location right down a huge mountain) campsite and set up a tent and cooked in the mist by the light of a headlamp.
No comments:
Post a Comment