April 19, 2011

Day 23

Miles: 13.1
Total Miles: 280.6

We had a really nice and easy hike into Hot Springs today. Gordon was at a gap about halfway down and gave us his usual selection of Rootbeer, Gatorade, Sprite, and Coke. I got into town and got a tiny cabin by the river split between Dave, Kelley, a 24 year-old from Ohio named Half-Tongue, a 25 year-old we'd seen for a while now called Jesus, and me. We all dropped off our packs and headed to the diner that everyone had been raving about for a couple of days. I got a salad and a burger the size of my head. I ate the salad first just because we've had a serious lack of greens in our diets and then ate half the burger in about a minute. Half-Tongue had done the same thing and we both felt awful about eating so quickly. Everyone then headed back to the cabin to sleep with the exception of Kelley and Jesus who were going out to the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment