April 29, 2011

Day 33

Miles: 18.3
Total Miles: 425.5

The shelter that I stayed in last night was one of the nicest I've seen since the Smokies. There was a third tier that I've never seen before in any shelter. Here's a little look into shelter life:


My parents were passing through today on their way up to Connecticut and had talked about stopping by to see my on their way. I didn't get in contact with them until about 10:30 and found that I needed to do 15 miles in about five hours. I was still warming up in the morning and got to the last shelter, 6 miles away, with only about 1.5 hours to go. I ended up powering out 4.2 mph down into the gap where my parents were waiting with Chickfila. I stayed and talked with them for a while and after about an hour got back onto the trail. There was a great waterfall about a mile in and the trail stayed incredible tame following the water for a couple more miles. I decided to tent along the river at a site all to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment