April 30, 2011

Day 34

Miles: 6.0
Total Miles: 431.5

Hampton, TN! My last stop before Virginia has come at last. There was a little hike up and over to get to the parking area where I met an enthusiastic Sarah and Lily in a parking lot. We drove over to a hotel and got McDonalds on the way. I've spent the whole day being lazy and enjoying being clean for more than just a couple of hours. Sarah did schoolwork while I did nothing and then we ate at a Mexican restaurant in the evening. Tomorrow I officially hit the 20% mark on the trail. Georgia and the Smokies are now behind me and I've got my trail legs. Bigger miles are soon to follow starting with hopefully my first marathon day (26.2 or over) and subsequently my first 30 day. I've also decided to start setting more rigid standards for myself in terms of daily milage, most of which is just contingent on wake up times.

I've now caught up on my blogging for the first time this whole trip so that's a pretty great accomplishment. I think I'm going to go back and add a little bit of supplemental information on some of the older posts but it's more just so I can remember it all, I doubt it'll really change the experience as a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment