Miles: 0.0
Total Miles: 348.7
By the time I'd woken up today Arrow and Ponch had made it down into Erwin. Uncle Johnny's, the hostel where we are staying, runs multiple shuttles into town at different times of the day and to different points around town. We waited around a little bit and got a feel for the hostel while waiting for the lunch shuttle to leave. The shuttle took us to a local pizza place with an all you can eat pizza and salad bar for $8. We at to our hearts' contents (I think I had about 12 pieces and two salads) and then ran over to the IGA to do a quick resupply. On the way back the shuttle stopped at a liquor store where most other hikers bought incredible amounts of alcohol, generally half of it to be shared between other hikers. We stayed in the backyard of the hostel enjoying our zero in the sun in lawn chairs. There was a computer in the bunkhouse so I got some blogging done but couldn't quite catch up to date.
No comments:
Post a Comment