Miles: 0.0
Total Miles: 116.5
"Sarah and I did lots of nothing today." -Sarah
That appropriately sums up the happenings of the day. We got up pretty early and sat around the breakfast area in the hotel until it had closed down, reading the paper and eating as much as we could. We spent the rest of the day while Sarah ran errands for me all around town and I consumed as much food as possible along the way. I got a cheap pack cover from Walmart for the mistier days that don't necessitate a poncho. I also got some really cheap and really light camp shoes that are very similar to Crocs. I'm sure both of these items will prove to be very useful once I'm back on the trail.
I recognized a group of hikers at Zaxby's today, yes I made Sarah go again. I had passed them all within the last two days so I'm not too concerned with my day off affecting my pace too severely. I got a room in a hotel that has a shuttle running to the trail in the morning at 9 and then again at 11. There are more and more hikers showing up by the minute since there's some sort of event going on in town this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment